AutoTrader Magazine (Belmont):
Graphic designer/typesetter/photo technical support
Duties included page setting for car dealerships, typesetting from Filemaker to InDesign and QuarkXPress, occasional photography, editing and correcting customer PDF documents, data entry and research, correcting in-house artwork templates for quality and stability, client liaison, backup support for digital photo processing staff, customer help line for Trading Post.
... May ’06 to Feb. ’11
Graphic Designer/Large Format Printer/Computer Help Desk
Duties included graphic design of signage and advertising materials, operation and
maintenance of large format colour printing equipment, serving as computer help desk
(software problem solving and hardware maintenance) and digital pre-press.
... July ’04 to Dec. ’05
Digital Elements - Project Services Australia:
Graphic Designer/Digital Prepress
Duties included pre-flighting of documents and print graphics, pre-press production, book
editing and illustration, and photo-retouching.
... Jan. ’01 to Feb. ’04
Duties included graphic design of book covers, page layout of school workbooks, HTML authoring, Internet graphics, programming and design of educational computer products, client liaison and problem solving over the telephone.
Software used: Adobe Pagemaker, CorelDRAW, Macromedia Director, Asymetrix Toolbook, Allaire Homesite.
... April ’94 to March ’01
CMC TAFE, Perth:
Lecturer in Multimedia Graphics
Duties included preparation and delivery of design unit for 3rd year multimedia students.
In 1998 teaching extended to include design basics for 1st year students and advertising
for 2nd year students.
... Feb. ’97 to July ’98
Computer graphics, photography and design on freelance basis.
... June ’92 to April ’94
Return to Irvin Graphic Images:
Duties as previous (listed below) with the addition of advice service for computer imaging,
and training of clients as computer graphics users.
... Sept. ’90 to June ’92
Channel 10 Perth:
Senior Graphic Designer
Duties included design of video graphics using Quantel mainframe computer;
set design for the channel 10 news; on air graphics for news broadcast and other productions.
Setup of the graphics department to include hard copy output, typography, showcards,
publicity materials. Additional duties included training staff, writing equipment manuals,
and handling work experience programs.
... March ’88 to Aug. ’90
Irvin Graphic Images:
Duties included design of corporate graphics, presentations for mining companies,
medical illustration, advertising, letterheads, billboards, book covers and illustration,
standard layouts and paste-up, client liaison and consultation regarding interior design
and business presentation.
... Aug. ’86 to March ’88
Special effects photographer/animator
Duties included camera work and design, stock ordering, film processing.
... Oct. ’85 to Aug. ’86
Part time and casual work:
- Part time work with design agency (typography, camera work, airbrush and animation). 1984
Part time social photographer.
- Casual staff at W.A.I.T (technician, tour guide, tutor). 1982-83
- Casual commercial artist (furniture catalogue illustration). 1977-78
Casual sales work (clothing store/Putt-Putt golf).
Holiday/weekend work as electrician’s assistant.
Typography, illustration (computer, pen, charcoal, oils, acrylic), photography
(portrait, illustrative, b&w processing), bromide production (PMT, TP6),
page layout for book publishing, web graphics and animation.
- Seventeen years of professional experience with CorelDRAW (Versions 2 - 12).
- Twelve years of professional experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop (Vers 5 - CS4)
- Three years using Quantel Video Paintbox.
- Word processing, using MS Word in both PC and Mac operating systems, Claris works for Macintosh.
- Eleven years of professional experience with Adobe (formerly Aldus) Pagemaker.
- Three years of programming using Asymetrix Toolbook and Macromedia Director (cross platform learning and assessment programs written for Windows and Macintosh).
- One year with Content Management system troubleshooting for Trading Post website.
- Production crew (camera and lighting assistant, sound recording)
- Television graphics (digital and hard copy)
- Animation (video and film techniques using Oxberry and Forox cameras, Quantel Paintbox computer and Autodesk Animator)
- Worked in Tapes and Presentation Control for six months in community television.
Stock control, equipment maintenance, client liaison, training (both hands on and
writing of instruction manuals), typing (50 wpm), computer and network help and maintenance.